The Accounting Professional Year Program was developed by CA/CPA/IPA to give international Accounting graduates from Australian universities the skills and training they need to start their career. The Accounting Professional Year consists of training and an Accounting Internship Placement to provide a pathway from study to employment in Australia.
Benefits of The Accounting Professional Year
- Enhance your career prospects
- Add value to your resume
- Improve interview techniques
- Study in Corporate style facilities
- Develop an understanding of the Australian workplace
- Develop an understanding of Australian Business Language & Work Practices
- Gain a Professional Year certificate
- Gain valuable work experience by completing an internship in Accounting
- May Qualify for migration points towards permanent residence
- 45 weeks, as gazetted by DHA
- Australian work practices
- Business communications
- Professional Australian Accounting internship for a minimum of 10 weeks
To qualify for the Accounting Professional Year Program, you must have:
- Successfully attained and completed an Accounting-related Bachelor or Master degree or higher Qualification from an Australian tertiary institution (minimum two years’ full-time study in Australia)
- The completed qualification must be listed on CRICOS , should have been completed full time, undertaking minimum 2 years study and must have been completed within last 24 months.
- Hold a valid passport and visa that allows full work and study rights whilst undertaking the Accounting Professional Year Program. Preference will be given to those currently on a 485 Temporary Graduate visa (either Graduate Work or Post-Study Work stream) or active Bridging Visa A.
- Have a current Academic or General IELTS score of 6.0 in each band, or the equivalent score from Pearsons, TOEFL iBIT or Cambridge Advanced English – also having been undertaken within the last 3 years.
- Have a positive skills assessment from one of the Professional Accounting Bodies
- Undertake an pre-enrolment interview to ensure course suitability and viability.
Program Fees For Accounting Professional Year
- $250 Due on acceptance of offer
- $9,500 Tuition Fee*
- – $2000 Indus Institute Scholarship (Limited Time Only)
- * Scholarships maybe available, please call Indus Institute To Find out Current promotion Price
- Payments Plans may be available upon request **
- ** An additional Fee of $100 will apply for students on a Payment Plan
Program Description – Accounting PYP
Subject 1 – Communication and performance in the Australian Workplace (CPW)
CPW1 Performance in business meetings
CPW2 Workplace communication
CPW4 Business writing
CPW5 Reporting to managers
Subject 2 – Entry and advancement in the Australian Workplace (EAW)
EAW1 Australian workplace culture
EAW2 Workplace relationships
EAW3 Professional Performance
EAW4 Prepare a tailored job application
EAW5 Interview preparation