The ACS Professional Year Program was developed by ACS to give international ICT graduates from Australian universities the skills and training they need to start their career. The ACS Professional Year consists of training and an IT internship placement to provide a pathway from study to employment in Australia.
Benefits of The ACS Professional Year
- Enhance your career prospects
- Add value to your resume
- Improve interview techniques
- Study in Corporate style facilities
- Develop an understanding of the Australian workplace
- Develop an understanding of Australian Business Language & Work Practices
- Gain a Professional Year certificate – Become an official member of a relevant professional body
- Gain valuable work experience by completing an internship in ICT
- Qualify for migration points towards permanent residence
- 45 weeks, as gazetted by DHA
- Australian work practices
- Business communications
- Professional Australian IT internship for 12 weeks
To qualify for the ACS Professional Year Program, you must have:
- Successfully attained and completed an ICT-related Bachelor or Master degree or higher Qualification from an Australian tertiary institution (minimum two years’ full-time study in Australia)
- Hold a valid passport and visa that allows full work and study rights whilst undertaking the ACS Professional Year Program. Preference will be given to those currently on a 485 Temporary Graduate visa (either Graduate Work or Post-Study Work stream) or active Bridging Visa A.
- Hold a valid IELTS minimum band score of 6.0 (Academic or General), no band below 6.0 (or PTE 50) as per DHA requirements – also having been undertaken within the three years immediately prior to the date of PYear commencement.
- Undertake an application interview to ensure course suitability and viability.
Program Fees For ACS Professional Year
- $350 Due on acceptance of offer
- $250 Enrolment Fee
- $11,350 Tuition Fee* Payments Plans may be available upon request
- * Tuition Fee includes all course materials, resources, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Program Description – ACS PYP
Subject 1 – Communication and performance in the Australian Workplace (CPW)
CPW1 Performance in business meetings
CPW2 Workplace communication
CPW4 Business writing
CPW5 Reporting to managers
Subject 2 – Entry and advancement in the Australian Workplace (EAW)
EAW1 Australian workplace culture
EAW2 Workplace relationships
EAW3 Professional Performance
EAW4 Prepare a tailored job application
EAW5 Interview preparation
Subject 3 – Internship & Online ACS Professional Environment